Clipperton acted as sole financial advisor to Les Raffineurs. The e-commerce gifts specialist welcomes Generis Capital Partners to its capital.
- Launched in 2014 by Julien Bergis and Romain Jourdan, Les Raffineurs is an online concept store that has established itself as a reference among French consumers looking for innovative, original, and high-quality products. It distributes its sharp selection combining quality and originality via two e-commerce sites and a network of 4 physical stores in Paris and Lille.
- Les Raffineurs’ value proposition is to end the struggle of finding good gift ideas and to gather, in one place, surprising inspirations with an extensive offering from small designers and well-known houses. With an effective marketing strategy that adapts to new consumer trends, the brand offers a unique customer experience through different inspirational universes for adults and children.
- Recording an average growth of more than 60% over the last three years, the company has been profitable since its creation.
Deal highlights & rationale
- The company is raising €6.5m from Generis Capital Partners to enable it to finance the strengthening of its digital positioning, the deployment of its own brand and the opening of future physical outlets.
- Julien Bergis and Romain Jourdan, co-founders of Les Raffineurs, commented: “We are delighted to welcome Generis Capital Partners for this new phase of our adventure. Thanks to their knowledge of the ecommerce and retail sectors, this partnership will enable us to make the right choices to structure the business and continue our sustained development.”
- Thibaut de Roux, President of Generis Capital Partners, added: “We are very happy to support Julien, Romain and their team in the development of their fast-growing company, which is evolving in a dynamic market driven by ecommerce and the growing importance of household gift budgets.”
- Clipperton acted as exclusive advisor to Les Raffineurs in this transaction.
- This transaction highlights Clipperton’s extensive expertise in the ecommerce, Consumer Tech, and DNVB sectors (notable transactions including Bonne Gueule’s fundraising, Courbet’s Series B round, the sale of a majority stake of PremiumXL to Verdane or Vestiaire Collective ($40m capital raised)).
Deal team & enquiries
- Antoine Ganancia, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baptiste Clair, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Wael Abou Karam, Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ghislain de Buchet, Associate, email@example.com
- Elie Hodara, Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a list of our recent transactions.
Clipperton is a leading investment bank dedicated to technology and growth companies. We provide strategic and financial advisory to entrepreneurs, corporates, and top-tier investors in Europe willing to execute transactions such as strategic M&A, private equity transactions and private placements. Founded in 2003 and with offices in Paris, London, Berlin, Munich, New York and Beijing, Clipperton has completed over 300 M&A and private placement transactions with fast-growing technology start-ups, blue-chip corporates and renowned financial investors.