Clipperton is pleased to announce it advised La Banque des Territoires (Caisse des Dépôts) on its strategic partnership with Amadeus.
- La Banque des Territoires (Caisse des Dépôts), Amadeus, and Dawex have partnered to create Alentour, a digital platform that digitizes a large catalogue of leisure activities from all French territories.
- Alentour connects activity providers with tourist accommodations, allowing travelers to book activities online from a rich and curated offering that was previously difficult to access.
- The platform creates tremendous value for leisure activity providers by giving them online visibility and enabling them to generate additional revenue through a new digital distribution channel.
- This initiative is part of Banque des Territoires’ objectives to support tourism recovery in the French territories and develop a large online travel platform competing against international players.
- Amadeus is a global travel technology leader which develops critical IT solutions for the travel ecosystem. Amadeus will provide its cutting-edge technologies to the platform.
- This transaction notably reinforces Clipperton’s track record in advising leaders in the traveltech industry, including former clients such as Click&Boat, Musement or Le Collectionist.
- Founded in 2018, La Banque des Territoires is a department of the Caisse des Dépôts. Its purpose is to finance and support local economic agents to accelerate economic development with the ambition of fighting against social inequalities and territorial fractures.
Deal highlights & rationale
- Alentour combines La Banque des Territoires’ financial support and Amadeus’ state-of-the-art technology capabilities and thus contributes to strengthening the development of French tourism players in front of international giants.
- The aim is to provide tourists with a new offering that will better promote France’s natural environment, cultural heritage, athletic excellence and gastronomic specificities.
- Committed to the development of the French tourism industry, La Banque des Territoires launched its Tourism Recovery Plan in 2020. Since then, it has already injected €572 million into the territories to support the development and strengthening of the sector, i.e. 30% of the €1.9 billion envelope planned for the 2020-2024 period.
- Clipperton acted as the exclusive financial advisor to La Banque des Territoires.
- Clipperton showcased its deep expertise in traveltech and marketplace business models and its ability to structure complex transactions to have powerful institutions join forces in a strategic partnership.
Deal team & enquiries
- Thomas de Montille, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivier Combaudou, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Ghislain de Buchet, Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elie Hodara, Analyst, email@example.com
Clipperton is a leading investment bank dedicated to technology and growth companies. We provide strategic and financial advisory to entrepreneurs, corporates, and top-tier investors in Europe willing to execute transactions such as strategic M&A, private equity transactions and private placements. Founded in 2003 and with offices in Paris, London, Berlin, Munich, New York and Beijing, Clipperton has completed over 300 M&A and private placement transactions with fast-growing technology start-ups, blue-chip corporates and renowned financial investors.