Clipperton is pleased to announce it acted as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of Foederis Group, one of the leading Talent Management SaaS vendors in Europe, on its acquisition by Septeo, a specialist in software solutions and IT services backed by HG Capital.
- Foederis offers a best-of-breed SaaS Talent Management solution to more 400 SMB and Enterprise customers using the platform to manage over 1 million employees.
- Septeo is a French-based group and a major provider of software solutions for the legal and real-estate industries. Backed by HG Capital since 2020, Septeo has been executing several build-up acquisitions over the last 2 years.
- This transaction marks the second deal of Clipperton in the HR segment over the last 12 months, after AssessFirst’s growth investment of CAPZA Growth Tech. It also makes reference to Clipperton’s role as a long-term advisor to Welcome to the Jungle, with the €20m fundraising led by Revaia. Clipperton has been a long-standing advisor to Foederis, having notably managed the investment of Isatis Capital in 2017.
- A front-runner in Talent Management software, Foederis offers a full-fledged SaaS platform allowing its customers to implement best practices in Talent Management.
- In addition to a core HR platform, Foederis offers bespoke modules in areas such as recruitment, performance & goal management, planning of jobs & skills, payroll analysis and training management. With over 400 customers and over 1 million employees managed, Foederis stands as a reference SaaS Talent Management solution in Europe.
- Foederis offers two best-of-breed SaaS suites, respectively addressing large enterprise customers and SMBs with dedicated platforms that can be customized to add sector-specific features.
- Benefiting from 20 years of experience in Talent Management Software and with a team of 84 employees, Foederis enjoys a strong position in France, with promising developments in Belgium and Switzerland.
- Septeo is a leading software vendor powering the digitalisation of legal and real-estate professions. The company landed a turnover of c. €230m in 2021 and invests over €30 millions in R&D annually.
- The group brings together over 2,400 employees worldwide, with offices in France, Belgium, Tunisia, Canada and the United-States and plans to recruit 500 new employees in 2022.
- Backed by HG Capital since 2020, one of Europe’s top-tier software investors, Septeo has been conducting several acquisitions over the last 2 years, including 7 transactions executed in 2021 and 3 in early 2022.
- With the acquisition of Foederis, Septeo adds a new vertical to its software offering and plans to leverage Foederis’s positioning as a springboard for further expansion in the HR software space.
Clipperton’s Role & Expertise:
- Clipperton acted as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of Foederis: co-founders Estelle Peltier and Bernard Gauvignon, as well as Isatis Capital.
- This deal highlights Clipperton’s capacity to repeatedly assist customers in their development as this transaction marks the second collaboration with Foederis after the investment from Isatis Capital in 2017.
- It also demonstrates Clipperton’s strong understanding and ability to advise transactions in the HR Tech sector, with credentials such as AssessFirst’s growth investment from CAPZA Growth Tech, the €20m fundraising of Welcome to the Jungle led by Revaia or the sale of Vodeclic to Skillsoft [NYSE: SKIL].
- This deal further confirms Clipperton’s extensive expertise regarding the SaaS sector, with recent transactions such as DentalMonitoring’s $150m growth financing round led by Merieux Equity Partners, Carlyle’s $70m investment in Inova Software or the $40m Series B round of Didomi led by US-based investor Elephant VC.
Deal Team & Enquiries:
- Thomas Neveux, Managing Partner
- Martin Vielle, Executive Director
- Anne-Sophie Luo, Associate
- Nathan Burnel-Hauteville, Analyst
Clipperton is a leading investment bank dedicated to technology and growth companies. We provide strategic and financial advisory to entrepreneurs, corporates, and top-tier investors in Europe willing to execute transactions such as strategic M&A, private equity transactions, and private placements. Founded in 2003 and with offices in Paris, London, Berlin, Munich, New York, and Beijing, Clipperton has completed over 350 M&A and private placement transactions with fast-growing technology start-ups, blue-chip corporates, and renowned financial investors.