- Clipperton acted as the sole financial advisor to Glopal on its €20m Series A led by Hi Inov – Dentressangle and Crédit Mutuel Innovation, with the participation of historical investors Seventure and Axeleo Capital, joined by industry experts such as Motier Ventures, the family office of the owners of Galeries Lafayette, and Pierre Denis, former CEO of Jimmy Choo.
- This transaction confirms the compelling expertise of Clipperton in the broad Future of Retail space, having advised on 14 deals in the past 24 months.
- Glopal enables brands to grow sales from their own e-commerce sites while maintaining control of their customer data and image. Glopal’s comprehensive portfolio of next-generation modular solutions increases their clients’ global sales by an average of three times by optimizing translation processes, international marketing, international payments, logistics integration, and tax and duty calculations.
- Founded in 2020, Glopal works with fast-growing brands known for their high standards of quality and customer service, such as Dior, Balmain, Loewe, and Babolat. The company has already facilitated more than four hundred million dollars in cross-border transactions for both American (50%) and European customers.
- The company is positioning itself as a transformational player in the e-commerce market, where global retail sales are expected to account for 27% in 2026, according to Morgan Stanley (up from 22% in 2022). Cross-border sales are growing on average twice as fast as domestic sales. Glopal can notably rely on strong technical and commercial partnerships with recognized players such as Google, Meta or Paypal, allowing it to meet the specific needs of each client as well as those of end consumers.
- This round of financing aims to support Glopal’s growth and deployment in Europe and the United States, regions in which the company is already present, through the recruitment of new talent.
- The company also aims to continue to invest heavily in its technology to strengthen its competitive edge. The company has developed a fully integrated, plug & play e-commerce software solution that enables it to manage and grow sales for its 250 customers in over 100 countries with immediate and measurable ROI.
Clipperton’s future of retail expertise
- This transaction confirms the compelling expertise of Clipperton in the broad Future of Retail space, advising on 14 deals in the past 24 months.
- Clipperton has advised many players digitizing retail along the value chain, may it be software players or tech-driven service providers, such as the sale of In the Memory to SES-imagotag, the sale of Packlink to Thoma Bravo’s portfolio company Auctane, or Lengow’s growth investment from Marlin Equity Partners.
- Thibaut Revel, Managing Partner
- Olivier Combaudou, Partner
- Wael Abou Karam, Vice President
- Nathan Burnel-Hauteville, Analyst
- Capucine Viard, Analyst
Clipperton is a leading investment bank dedicated to technology and growth companies. We provide strategic and financial advisory to entrepreneurs, corporates, and top-tier investors in Europe willing to execute transactions such as strategic M&A, private equity transactions, and private placements. Founded in 2003 and with offices in Paris, Berlin, Munich, London, New York, and Beijing, Clipperton has completed over 400 M&A and private placement transactions with fast-growing technology start-ups, blue-chip corporates, and renowned financial investors.