Clipperton advised Courbet, the fast growing high-luxury brand working exclusively with lab-grown diamonds on its new financing round.
Clipperton alongside Natixis Equity Capital Markets acted as financial advisor to ecological and ethical jewelry brand Courbet, in a € 8 million financing round with institutional investors and business angels.
- Two years after its inception and following a first financing round in April 2018, Courbet raises €8 million from existing shareholders and new investors among which Raise Ventures and Hylink, a China-based media and advertising company.
- The company will use the proceeds to accelerate its development in France and abroad, with a focus on the rest of Europe and Asia.
- With this transaction, Clipperton further confirms its expertise in the Consumer Internet ecosystem (PotagerCity, Quitoque, Welcome To The Jungle, etc.) and further demonstrates its ability to manage transactions involving online retail players (Vide-dressing, Vestiaire Collective, etc.) as well as Digital Native Vertical Brands (Bonne Gueule, Foodchéri,…)
Founded in 2018 by co-founders Manuel Mallen and Marie-Ann Wachtmeister – two repeat entrepreneurs with successful track-records in the luxury industry – and based at Place Vendôme, the heart of the Parisian luxury scene, Courbet is changing the paradigm in high-jewelry by offering a new consumption experience.
Courbet’s vision is to offer a modern and responsible kind of jewelry, based on a creative, ecological and ethical approach. Respectful of the finest savoir-faire in terms of design and fabrication, the brand offers a range of proprietary high-jewelry collections. Two years after launching on the market Maison Courbet has quickly established itself as one of the most innovative brands in the luxury sector in France and beyond.
Courbet is positioned as a Digital Native Vertical Brand (DNVB) promoting short circuits with direct sale to final consumers via online and offline touchpoints. As a next generation jewelry brand, Courbet is committed to minimize its ecological impact, using exclusively laboratory-grown diamonds and recycled gold.
Manuel Mallen, co-founder and CEO of Courbet commented on the transaction: “We are glad to welcome on-board our new investors and grateful to our existing shareholders for their renewed trust. Clipperton’s intimate knowledge of digital models has been instrumental in highlighting the specifics of our DNVB model and we are excited to take our brand to the next level”.
Deal highlights & rationale
- This fundraising will enable Courbet to:
- Accelerate the brand’s development in France and abroad, with a focus on Europe and Asia.
- Finance innovation in product and customer experience, in line with its role as a pioneer in technological jewelry.
- Invest in the very first French laboratory-grown diamond factory for jewelry.
- Courbet will continue its efforts to bring together two apparently contradictory universes, New technologies and Traditional craftsmanship, in order to offer its customers high end and sustainable jewelry collections.
- Thibaut Revel, Managing partner, email@example.com
- Martin Vielle, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armand Peugeot, Analyst, email@example.com
Click here to download Clipperton’s report dedicated to Digital Native Vertical Brands.
Clipperton is a European M&A and corporate finance advisory firm exclusively dedicated to the Technology space, advising high growth companies on M&A transactions, debt financings and equity offerings, with offices in London, Berlin, Munich and Paris as well as an international reach. Over the past 17 years, the team has successfully completed more than 300 high profile transactions globally.